We have an exciting opportunity to join the Hitec Lift Trucks team as a Workshop Engineer based at our vibrant Wellingborough location.
As a key member of the Hitec team, you will be working for a company that has a proven track record of success and is committed to investing in the professional and personal development of its people.
More details about the role and our company can be found below, including a link for applications.
Job Role: Workshop Engineer
As a Workshop Engineer you will be responsible for;
- The service and maintenance of diesel, LPG and electrical materials handling equipment
- Fault finding, planned preventative maintenance and pre delivery inspection of forklift trucks
- Maintaining a clean and orderly working area including common areas
- Adhering to all health and safety guidelines and workshop rules
- Completing job cards and ensuring all required parts to complete tasks are ordere
As a Workshop Engineer you will demonstrate;
- Relevant technical qualification
- Previous experience within either a workshop or field based position
- Good understanding of hydraulic, mechanical and electrical principals
- The ability to work independently and under pressure
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Experience of working on either; cars, forklifts, plant equipment, cleaning machines, powered access, HGV’s or similar.
As a Workshop Engineer you will receive;
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Paycare medical cover
- Eye care
- Pension Scheme
- Profit share bonus scheme
Hitec Lift Trucks is part of the Briggs Equipment Group allowing us to offer you a family run company with the benefits of being part of the UK’s premier Asset Management and Engineering Services specialist.
We are Hyster-Yale Group’s exclusive UK distributor for materials handling equipment and have extended our offering to include industrial cleaning, aerial access, groundworks, agricultural plant and machinery to offer customers a total solution based on the service we can provide. Our team members are highly skilled and can offer flexible and bespoke solutions for our customers across a range of new, used or short term hire equipment.
- Safety first
- Easy to work with
- It’s our business
- Innovate and Improve
- Build trust
*This role may be described or advertised differently elsewhere, for example; Forklift Truck Engineer, PDI Engineer, Vehicle Technician, Automotive Technician, Automotive Engineer. However, the main skills and responsibilities are transferrable.