Hitec Lift Trucks (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Conditions of Use) sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Use of Information:
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Examples of such information are:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your occupation
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our site visitors’ traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
IP addresses and user account tracking:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless We have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which We think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
In addition to these safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018). This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully, fairly and be transparent about what we do with your data. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification or a vendor’s Processor Binding Corporate Rules.
The Act gives you the right to access information that we hold about you.